Baptism, along with the other commands of the gospel such as faith, repentance, and confessing Jesus Christ as the Son of the living God is essential and necessary for salvation.
If you go outside the borders of the Lordís church, you will find the majority of denominations teach baptism is an "outward profession of your faith in Christ", or an "outward sign of an inward grace", and is not necessary for your salvation. This is a great deception of the devil that will leave many lost at the Day of Judgment - 1 Peter 5:8
The Inspired Word of God clearly teaches baptism is one of the components of Christian faith which one must comply with to be saved. There are many examples showing that being baptized is an essential part of salvation.
Jesus gives us our marching orders to preach the gospel to every creature which includes faith and baptism - Mark 16:15-16
We find Peter and the Apostles implementing what Jesus commanded in Acts 2:38, commanding that people, "repent, and be baptized... in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins"
What did Ananias tell Saul to do to wash away his sins? "arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" - Acts 22:16
In Revelation 1:5, the Spirit of God affirms it is Jesus blood which washes our sins away. Therefore, one must come in contact with Jesus death to contact the blood of Jesus, since His blood was shed in His death - Romans 6:3-6
- Salvation is in Jesus Christ - 2 Timothy 2:10
- All spiritual blessings in heavenly places are in Christ - Ephesians 1:3
- Scriptural baptism puts one into the body of Christ - Galatians 3:27-28
- If any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away and all things become new - 2 Corinthians 5:17
- If you want to see and enter into the Kingdom of God, you must born of the Water and of the Spirit - John 3:3-5
- The Bible teaches baptism doth also now save us - 1 Peter 3:21
-- Harry D. Anderson, Jr., 2010 --